Thursday, April 21, 2011

Eek.

I will be honest, school hasn’t been my number one priority my whole life. It hasn’t been until the last couple years that I have taken it more seriously and have wanted to not just finish but do well and good get grades while finishing. That being said, this quarter I have been going to school 3 days a week. I didn’t realize how much this consumed my schedule until my running has practically diminished. I have only been running twice a week, if I am lucky. The last time I ran was Saturday and it was a fantastic run but it was 5 days ago. Not being able to run is starting to stress me out. I have noticed that I am slowly getting a little more depressed not exercising because that was my only stress outlet. I literally am gone all day- I go to work from 7-3:30 every day and then Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays I have school until at least 8 at night. The time in between (Mondays, typically), I have to spend doing homework or getting anything I need to do, done. Forget having time to myself during the week- that is strictly for the weekends, it’s the week that I have to squeeze more into my schedule.

The question is: How do I fix this problem? How do I make more time so that I don’t end up going crazy? The only solution I can think of is to start waking up at the butt crack of dawn and running before work. Although I did buy an alarm clock, I still am horrible at the whole waking up early thing. On to something a little more positive…

What I should mention is that so far my best time for 3 miles is 37 minutes and 50 seconds. I am very proud of this and have also been able to run a mile straight multiple times on the treadmill. I still need to be able to do a mile straight on the street because that is what really matters when it comes to doing the 5k. For now, I will forge on and try my damndest to get my butt up in the morning so I can run.

No comments:

Post a Comment