Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Tues and Wed

So I am on a roll. Yesterday I had my body pump class which just consists of weight training, lunges, squats, and  sit-ups the whole time. It's exhausting to say the very least and my pectoral muscles and hamstrings were killing me today! Even so, I made sure to go on my 3.5 mile run with my friend. We walked for most of it but had a nice long run in the middle. Since we waited until later in the day, it was much easier. I can't believe how difficult it is to run in the heat. My head pounds and it makes it really hard to breathe. I think I can run maybe 2 or 3 minutes and I have to stop when the temperature is above 90 degrees. It makes me more confident when I have times that I can run longer and I think that may only happen when it is cooler.

Tomorrow I plan on going to the gym to run so I don't have to wait for the sun to go down outside. I will try my darndest to run a straight mile again but with my muscles hurting, it may not happen. I am going to give free weights a shot too tomorrow, which should be interesting. It's a lot harder to do weights on your own than it is when someone yells commands at you :p

Right now I am going to find a place to go hiking in the Orange County area, so my boyfriend and I can do that Saturday. Friday is my day off from working out, so I am looking forward to having a little break :) I feel good and I think I will be able to keep this up until at least when school starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment